Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Next Google Update is around the corner - What have you done to increase your ranking?

After the Jagger update we all went through a rough phase. But what have you all done to recover from that disaster.
I got several emails from Webmaster's some of them saying to remove the reciprocal link which I have already listed on my website. Some have asked for to place content on our website for a one-way link to them. Some have asked to interview them and place a link on my website. Some has send me testimonials and article to place it on my website. Sounds good right if you are a SEO expert and also it is the one of the techniques to gain link popularity and especially gain good inbound links.

The above techniques may be sound goods to you but time consuming; sometime it won't work in the long run as well.

I am crazy about stats that consume half of my work time. I often use to check the web stats, Adsense stats and any kind of information about the traffic coming to my website. After Jagger Update my enthusiasm for stats checking has died down the reason was my website ranking has dropped and there is a very few referral from Google. But my MSN traffic was steady, as you all know it is easy to optimize for MSN all you need is few links with your targeted anchor text on it. A

As days went by Christmas and New Year came and gone. I was digging deep into the web to find info about has anyone figured out about the Jagger debacle. After reading posts after posts in forums, interacting with webmasters and SEO expert from around the world. I got a very little help from these efforts. I went to every search engine guidelines to find information why I was left out. I started visiting these guidelines pages but Google Webmaster's Guidelines is what impress me a lot. Then I went to my websites and figured out what went wrong, there where some CSS spamming, many unrelevent reciprocal linking, duplicate pages and content, broken links, no sitemap, fewer inbound links, no relevant outbound links etc. Then I realized the problem of why I was penalized by the major search engines.

Apart from fixing those stuffs and straighten my website I had time to write some good content articles and I distributed some quality articles to article banks which was a great info for Webmaster. After a couple of weeks I check in with my status of my article online, "Oh man" I can’t believe it, it has spread like a virus
on the internet it has been reprinted in blogs, ezines, directories and website all-round the world. The chain reaction of these article submission effort has gained me many inbound links and my web analytics has started to increased referrals for many keywords from every major search engine including Google.

It worked for me it can work for you as well. The bottom line is straighten up your website from old and black hat techniques and follow the guidelines given by the search engine then no one can take you for a ride. Pretty simple "Quality Content".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great point. Every time I blog, I also submit it as an article to those article banks you mention, and it's worked great so far.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Internet Marketing Houston

1801 Allen Pkwy Houston, TX 77019 (713) 884-5102